The JEE Main examination is the leading national level engineering entrance examinations in India conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education. It is taken by thousands of students every year with an aspiration to pursue engineering in the top notch educational institutions in India. In this article, find all the information you need about JEE Main 2017 results.
The JEE Examination is conducted in two phases – JEE Main and JEE Advanced. The students who clear the JEE Main are eligible to appear for JEE Advanced examination which is conducted jointly by the seven zonal Indian Institutes of Technology across the country.
The ones who secure a good rank in JEE Advanced are eligible to join these premier institutes of national importance for pursuing a graduate degree in Engineering.
The JEE Main has two papers. While Paper 1 is for the students aspiring to pursue B.Tech/ B.E, the second paper is for students wishing to attain bachelor’s in architecture programmes (B.Plan/B.Arch).
The engineering colleges confer the above-mentioned degrees to the students who qualify above cut-off marks in the JEE Main results in various engineering streams like Mechanical, Electrical, Civil, Chemical, Computer Sciences, etc.
After completion of the JEE Main examination, the registration process for JEE Advanced examination for the corresponding academic year begins. Both Indian and international students are eligible to appear for this examination.
ALSO SEE: kerala Result 2017
- Availability of online application form: Last week of November, 2016
- Last date for form submission: Last week of December, 2016
- Correction of filled forms: 3rd week of January, 2017
- Closure of application form submission: Last week of January, 2017
- Admit card download: 2nd week of March, 2017
- Date of JEE Main examination: 2nd week of April, 2017
- Announcement of JEE Main results: Last week of April/ 1st week of May, 2017
The link to the official website of JEE Main is given here.
The entire registration process for JEE Main Examination is through online portal only. For registering in the JEE Main examination, follow the steps given:
- Go to the official website by clicking here.
- Enter your login credentials in the space provided.
- Check the eligibility criteria and required documents checklist before starting to fill the form.
- Enter the preferred examination centre and language of choice (Hindi or English) for the JEE Main Examination.
- Scan all the required documents as is mentioned in the website and upload the scanned copies in the registration website.
- Pay the required amount of registration fee.
The registration fees for appearing in the computer-based JEE Main examination is as follows;
|S.No||Paper name||Category||Amount of fees|
|1||Paper 1 or Paper 2||General/OBC||500|
|4||Paper 1 and Paper 2||General/OBC||1300|
ALSO SEE: TN Board SSLC Time Table 2017
Details of Class 12 examination marks might be required.
Upon successful registration in the online JEE Main application form, the candidates can log in with their Application number and thereafter download a soft copy of their admit card. They should keep a printout of the admit card for future reference and carry it to the allotted examination centre.
The JEE Main 2017 results will be announced around the beginning of May, 2017 and will show the scores of all the appeared candidates of Paper 1 and/Paper 2.The scorecard will show the All India Rank of the candidate and all indicate the status of whether the student is eligible to appear for JEE Advanced.
Based on the rank and seat availability, the admission counselling procedure for the academic year 2017-18 will begin in the online portal.
To know more about JEE Main examination, click here.
ALSO CHECK: West Bengal HS Board Result 2017